Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moral Pedistal and Racism part 2

Do people need to be more accepting of others?  Yes, of course they do.  Do we need to stop judging people?  Of course, just because your idea of what is right and wrong isn't the same as the next person's doesn't mean you can say if they are a good or bad person.  But the main issue is that we need to stop justifying placing judgment on others with our own misgivings and hurt feelings. 

        You can't justify a wrong with another wrong.  For example, Bill Maher ranted the other night that he was tired of Christians and other religious people bad mouthing him for being an atheist.  And then went on to justify calling Christians and people of any deistic faith morons and idiots.  Not to mention he has said in the past that all Christians are schizophrenic.  Okay let's look at this.  You don't want them talking bad about you but it's okay to talk bad about them. 


       Oooh, poor wittle Bill.  Yes, that may have been immature and hypocritical of me to say, but to make a point.  If you are going to act like an uneducated and ignorant child, then the people speaking to you and about you are going to treat you as such.  Something my husband is always saying, 'People will only be as smart as you let them be.' 

      Well, Bill, you are being hostile to this group of people, yet fighting for equal rights.  The problem with equal rights activists is that a lot of them (not all of them because that would be stereotyping) but a lot of them want equal rights, only in the way that they believe is morally or ethically correct.  For instance, Bill Maher is fighting for equality of people regardless of religious following, however if you practice any religion you are wrong.  Do you see how contradictory this is? 

      Many people following the gay rights activists, they are fighting for marital rights regardless of sexual orientation.  However, to many traditional heterosexual couples and individuals the union of marriage is a union between a man and a woman as it has been for many years.  Should homosexuals have the right to get married?  I'd rather not place my personal opinion on political subjects into my posts at this time, however to say that a couple who has been together as long as any heterosexual couple can not join in some sort of legal binding union to allow them to file taxes together, to leave their belongings to their partner if something should happen to them, to allow them to be beneficiaries, to do legal things that anyone should be able to do regardless of the situation, yes I absolutely believe that this is the legal right of any US citizen.  If a woman can leave $12 million to her dog, then a man should be able to leave his things to his male partner and vise versa a woman to a woman.

      But I'm getting off track.  The main thing is that people need to stop making comments in a derogatory manner, yes.  But the people who are taking every little thing offensively in the name of being prejudiced against are just as bad.  Especially if you are living a blessed life. 

       My closest friends growing up would ask me every now and then, 'What is it like to grow up being Asian?'  And I would always ask them, 'Well, what is it like growing up being white?'  How can you tell anyone the difference when you haven't ever been anything else?  I would often ask my friends, 'Well, do you look at me as being Asian?'  They would say, 'No, I look at you as being you.'  And I would say, 'Well, I figure that's the way I think of myself.'  Do white people/black people/asian people (I'm sorry for everyone that I've left out) look in the mirror each day and think 'I'm white/black/asian?'  No of course not. 



That's all for now.  I think my rant will become redundant and repetitive if I keep going.  Take Care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment